Re: Cabin lights

In his response to the original post Dave Swingle referred to a modification
that had been published in an old D World.

The article was published in the Winter -87 issue and the first paragraph
reads: " The operation of the exsisting lamp delay module (LDM) is
unpredictable at best. This is due to the design of the device, which uses
power stored within the module while the doors are closed and the lamps are
off to sustain the module through a subsequent delay. If the doors are open
for 30 seconds or so the power stored is depleted to the pointwhere upon
closing the doors the lamp delay will be significantly shorter or may not
function at all. There isn't a reliable way to increase the time delay using
the present module."

The article was written by Marc Gladstone and he went on to describe a rather
complex but complete modification, including a parts list and wiring diagram.
At the end of the article, Marc indicated that he would be willing to build
some modules if there was enough interest. (I have not yet had time to read
through my stack of old D World magazines to find out if he in fact did "go
into production".)

Unfortunately my scanner is on the blink, but if anybody is interested send
me an e-mail and I'll send a copy of the article.

Roger