cabin lights

For you folks whose front cabin light works in the manually on position, but
not with the doors, I had the same problem. In my case, it was caused by
the previous owner who had removed the wires for one reason or other, and
replaced them incorrectly. It might seem intuitive that the black wire
would go to the isolated "pin", and the two kinds of purple wires would go
to the "pins" near each other, but that's not the way it works. If memory
serves, the solid purple wire is the one that goes to the isolated pin, and
the other two go to the pins near each other. That was my problem. After
spending some time with the manual, my first thought was that I had a
defective diode, which may be the problem, too. They are the blue, black,
and red plastic cylinders (about pencil diameter, and about an inch long)
that you can see from the driver's side, down under the console. Hope this
is helpful.

Brent Beecher
VIN 892