Re: [DML] Re: Dielectric grease on fuses (was Fuse block (was Fuses))

Re: [DML] Re: Dielectric grease on fuses (was Fuse block (was Fuses))

I was thinking of the grease used on computer circuit board edge card
connectors. It is slightly conductive to electricity. That stuff is VERY
expensive and is not meant to take any amount of heat.

The thought crossed my mind that maybe Jim was referring to anti-oxidant
joint compound used on aluminum wiring. Some electricians call this stuff
dialectric grease too. This stuff may keep the contacts from corroding, but
otherwise I think it would make a royal mess.

The grease used on spark plugs is basically a high temperature insulating
silicone grease. When that stuff is used inside of a spark plug boot, it is
pretty well sealed to the elements, so it won't pick up much dirt. But used
in the open air such as on a fuse block, I bet it would pick up dust and get
messy.

Walt Tampa, FL