Re: Condensating Quarter-windows / Carwash

Re: Condensating Quarter-windows / Carwash

> > Is there anyway to keep the glass in the rear-quarter-panels
> > from collecting condensation?
> You mentioned RainEx on the outside of the windows, but as I
> understand your question it's about the *inside* of the windows.

That's right, but as you know the inside of the Quarterpanels is
actually on the OUTSIDE of the car...

> RainEx also has a product designed to prevent window fogging.
> I know it works fairly well on the inside of windshields

I have something similar in my car too, it works quite well,
except on the Tollbooth-windows (because of the felt they rub
against when rolling up and down I think)

> this might also be a solution for the inside of the rear quarter-windows.
> Living in (now very chilly) New England, my rear quarter windows fog up
> virtually every morning when I start the car.

The droplets are too big to really be fog, if it were just fog they
would disappear from the engine-heat, now the droplets eventuelly roll
down the windows because of the motion of the car...

> I have not yet tried the RainEx anti-fog product because it suggests an
> ambient temp of at least 45 degrees for application, and it hasn't been
> quite that warm around here for a while. Has anyone tried this product?

I don't know if I can get it over heer, but the temp here is about 55 F,
so that wouldn't be a problem... I think the real problem is in the
exposure of the glass to the outside world on both sides: my
rear-window never foggs up|: I've never had to use the Rear-defogger!
The windows in the door are so sensitive that I have to drive with
the windows open to have good visibility to the sides at some times...

It could also have to do with the exact compound of the glass,
or the coating used on it... Or maybe a previous owner has used
some sort of wax on the car...

Which brings me to this: would it be safe to run a "D" through a
roll-over-carwash (to get the wax off)???
Or would the pressure from the spinning bristles and the force
from the blowdryer damage the louvers?

Thanks in advance,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...