Re: vents only- no heater, defroster

Check all your vacum lines especially to the one that is going to the
black valve that is in the engine compartment (P/N 100763, you can go
to www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewDir.asp?PageID=82&PageCat=7%2DHeating%
2C+Ventilation+and+A%2FC to check it out). This is the hot water
valve. If there is no vacum to it, it's likely not opening up and
alowing the hot antifreeze to go to your heater core to give you
heat. The controls to switch from vents to to heater to defrost are
also controlled by vacum. Make sure you have no vacum leaks, listen
for any hissing sounds from the engine compartment and the dash areas.

Another thing would be if your thermostat is missing or stuck open
then your engine will run to cool (not at normal operating temp) and
this will also cause the no heat or not hot enough air problem.

Your water pump should always be working (pumping), there is no
clutch on the pulley system that will disengage it. If your pump
works intermitentley, then it's busted.

Steve
www.dmcmman.homestead.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Kevin Creason" <dmc4687@xxxx> wrote:
> My vents are the only thing that blow whether the selector is on
Defrost, heater, or any of the AC positions.
> I also do not get heat out. I think the it definitely colder when
the temperature selector is on the blue side, but the red is not hot.
> So, unless it is on AC, I fog up during the cool rains. So if I
want to see, I freeze.

>snip<

> So I think maybe I am seeing two problems: 1) the cabin airflow is
stuck on vents, 2)perhaps the water pump runs all the time? I don't
know, that second one may be way off.