Re: [DML] Re: vents only- no heater, defroster

Re: [DML] Re: vents only- no heater, defroster

> Check all your vacum lines especially to the one that is going to the
> black valve that is in the engine compartment (P/N 100763, you can go
> to www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewDir.asp?PageID=82&PageCat=7%2DHeating%
> 2C+Ventilation+and+A%2FC to check it out). This is the hot water
> valve. If there is no vacum to it, it's likely not opening up and
> alowing the hot antifreeze to go to your heater core to give you
> heat. The controls to switch from vents to to heater to defrost are
> also controlled by vacum. Make sure you have no vacum leaks, listen
> for any hissing sounds from the engine compartment and the dash areas.

Sorry to ramble and post so spuriosly tonight....

I am starting to suspect the switch like DMC Joe suggested- but am chicken
to pull the dash completely apart and start jumpering connections on the
switch to see if I can make it change.

I was looking at one vacuum valve that had some hard melted plastic on it,
but I think that was for something else. From the rear of the car it was
located to the left of the distributer. Is the valve I'm looking for to the
right? And does it sit on a 3/4 inch (or 1 inch) hose that looks like it
might run under the car towards the front?
AND- my most important question- should I be able to see any movement or
change if the heat/AC switch is moved from MAX to DEF? (because I see
none...). I have good vacuum all over the dash (except I couldn't check the
defrost hose exactly), and I did have some hissing when I pulled the line
off this last valve. It didn't sound real strong, but I had the engine off
while I was leaning all the way into it.