Re: Protecting your D look!!!

All this talk about protecting your D from a thief comes down to
this: ANYTHING you put on your car will only stop or delay an average
thief/joy rider. If a professional were to do it, then they know all
the tricks of bypassing/removing every solution everyone has posted
here in a matter of seconds. How do I know? Anyway...the Lo-Jack
(although not 100%) is very good if you notice your car gone within
an hour of it being stolen...after that the "Pro" has already found
it and strapped it to a stray dog or something. The Brake lock
someone else mentioned is also very good, but someone who has access
to a tow truck can easily strap on dolly wheels under the car to take
it.

All this other talk about "Clubs and lock on devices" just simply
don't work..they are very easily removed...yes easily even by an
inexperienced joy rider. I don't care if they clame the thing is made
from the same steel as an Big Rig Earth Mover front Plow (I actually
saw an antitheft unit advertise it like that)...it can still be
easily removed within minutes. Like I said all the talk about Anti
Teft deterents are great for detering joy riders and the average
crack head from taking your car, but not from someone who knows what
they are doing and has the proper "tools".

It is very rare that a Delroean will get stolen anyway since it's not
easy to blend in. It's a car that easily remembered by anyone (even
kids in a neighboring car) going down an interstate, a highway, back
road, etc..It would have to be flat beded and covered as one list
member mentioned...but I don't see the Delorean being on the top of
any thiefs list with all of the Audi's, Toyota's and Nissan's, etc..
out there...so not to worry and lets get back into some Tech/advice
talk here...:)
And no I am not a crook.. V V