Autolock Safe? (was Re: Protecting your D look!!!)

Autolock Safe? (was Re: Protecting your D look!!!)

 The auto lock probably would not work on any DeLorean. On manual
transmissions it may not keep thieves from shifting the car into any
gear. But they could still do some serious damage to the car. If the
car is in gear and the engine is cranked, the car could still "jump"
forward or backwards. If another car or a wall is in the way, the car
could hit it. It may also be possible to shift gears while the engine
is off and drive the car away in 1st gear. A litte harder then an
A/T, but not impossible...

On automatic transmissions, it would lock the brake pedal. A theif
could shift into N to start the car, and then use R, N, & D
accoringly. To brake all he/she would need to do is shift into N and
pull the parking brake.

But don't think that this is because the DeLorean is an outdated
vehicle. The same trick could be performed on any brand new car off
the show room floor. All you would have to do is jump the wires on
the brake light swith on the brake pedal (this would enable the extra
relay to the starter). Shift the car into N, shove a screwdriver into
the ignition, VIOLA! You've just stolen a car with the autolock in
place! I'm not listing this info as a "how-to" for anyone, I'm just
trying to point out that if someone wants your car bad enough they
will get it if you're not there.

-Robert
vin 6585

p.s. If someone owns an Autolock, or knows someone who does, I'd love
to see a copy of the fine print for that $1,000 guarantee that comes
with the auto lock!