Re: New owner

Robert,
Since were plugging products, I guess I will rasie my own flag.
( The Fan Fix ) was designed to fit the fan problem and to address
the low voltage problem at the same time. With proper product applied
to the problem and it doesn't cost a arm and a leg to Fix it $65.00.
It doesn't cover it up or anything else. It just flat Fixes it.
Something I'm sure De Lorean would have done if given the time. The
( De Lorean 140 )amp alternator is another product I build that will
give the De Lorean plenty of power in those needed applications.I do
it for almost half of other peoples cost with Delco parts and life
warr. The De Lorean has some underated relays used in certain
applications that i'm sure again it would have changed. I matched the
right product to the problem. Same as in the (The Fan Fail Fix). I
match the right products to the problem to correct it, not cover it
up.
If you have heard of the old saying, get the heat out of the kitchen.
That's what i do with the Main Relay that operates some of the most
critical parts of the car. Get the heat out of the kitchen. ( Amps )
That's what I do with what I build.
Hopes this helps in your decisions of what to buy, do or build
yourself in the future.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Roger Brogren" <rbrogren@xxxx> wrote:
> As of Nov 10, VIN 1074 has a new owner.(Fine time, 2 days before
the
> first snow storm of the season in Minnesota!)
>
> I have been following the postings here for the last couple of
months
> and in spite of my early apprehension and negative comments from
some
> friends "in the business" I am by now convinced that this is not
just
> an unusual car but a FINE car, so I took the plunge. With this type
> of back-uo available it will be hard to go wrong.
>
> Original owner since -81 to -97. Last owner also meticulous, but
only
> drove it about 500 miles and evidently never got deep into the
> technical side of ownership. (So far I have only driven it about 20
> miles.)
>
> Some minor details:
> - Doors sag and struts need replacement.
> - Battery allegedly weak.
> - Original coolant overflow bottle (plastic)
> - Cooling hoses etc. replaced 3-4 years ago. Don't know
> if "authorized" replacement parts were used. System looks like a
> plumbers nightmare!
> - Trip odometer push button loose.
> - Bushings/seals on most pulleys replaced last year, possibly
> necessitated by broken heat shield.
>
> A few quick questions at this time:
> - Right front door torsion bar was adjusted (by Bruce Benson) a few
> years ago. In a phone conversation Bruce mentioned that he recall
> that most of the splines were gone, except for about 1/4 inch.
Should