Re: [DML] Catalytic converters

I know a guy who recently took out the catalytic converter on his car and put a section of pipe in its place, and believe me, it won't go unnoticed. It completely changes the exhaust note, making the car much louder and and in my opinion much more unpleasent sounding (with just the stock exhaust system). I couldn't really tell that the performance had been enhanced either. On a similar note, the delorean owners club of UK's site has an audio clip (under the downloads section) of a euro spec (no catalytic converter) D with aftermarket exhaust. It sounds awesome in my opinion, but unlike any DeLorean I have ever heard! If it is added power, and a better exhaust note is what you are after, why not just put in a high flow exhaust system? I know it is much more expensive, but hey it is legal!! :-) I am not very mechanically minded, but I am pretty sure you won't pass emissions without a catalytic converter. I am sure the inspectors would notice by the exhaust note alone. I hope this doesn't come across as an attack, I was just responding to the questions you presented. Just thought I would add my usual 2 cents....-Louie

YourName@xxxx -- it's free from <a href="http://www.delorean.com";> DeLorean Motor Company</a>!