Antenna Question

As you all know the power antenna always goes up when the radio is
turned on. With my aftermarket receiver and a 12 disc CD changer I find
that I listen to it more than the radio. What I would like to do is to
put in a manual override switch for the antenna so that it doesn't go up
(or down) when I just want to listen to CD's BUT if the switch is in
the on position the antenna will function normally. Is this as simple
as putting in a switch in the blue antenna power line from the radio? I
was thinking of putting a switch in place of one of the dummy switches.
I think that the car looks better with the antenna down and if I'm just
listening to the CD I don't need the antenna, this would also save the
antenna from un-needed wear.

Will a on/off switch make the antenna stay down if the radio is "on" and
then if I decide to listen to the radio, will flipping the switch to
"on" make the antenna go up?

Tom
#005732 MT