Re: [DML] Re:1982 DMC is concours?

I can assure you that if a car is not original in a DeLorean Concourse Show
There will be deductions

Since the DeLorean doesn't even follow its own rules sometimes ( I have
incorrect bonnet bolts and no dead pedal plus a few more I don't want to tip
off to the judges ) It makes it a bit more difficult.
The way a car is specified from a mfg is sometimes different than what you
get.

DMC Houston has been sponsoring the recent concourses and Members of the DML
and well know DeLorean owners and former owners are the judges to keep it
impartial.
There is a book about the concourse available and it best details what the
show looks for.
Deviate from it and it will cost points. But please bring up these
discrepancies so they can be resolved in future shows. I can assure you that
they are discussed.

While no judging is perfect this is a very good outline
you will know what points will be taken off before the show
Most shows you do not know what the judges are looking for.
Its your choice to modify to factory specs or leave it as it is.
I opt to leave mine and take the deductions.

If you go to other concourse events and the judges are not familiar with the
DeLorean you will probably get away with it.

Judging is always subjective
but having a guideline takes a lot of that away.

All the items listed in your e-mail would cost points
you may still win because points for each offense are small compared to the
total but the rest of the car needs to be spotless.

Lots of rusty bolts

Just my opinion

Ken