A-pillar trim - proper installation

On the later cars, like Wayne's, the correct way to install the a-pillar trim is to have a portion of the material "sandwiched" between the windshield and the a-pillar. On earlier cars, probably VIN 2000 and under, the excess material was simply folded behind the trim piece as it was installed. Several years ago, at the DOA expo in Nashville, I entered my DeLorean in the what we then a less stringent concours and was able to quickly install new a-pillar trim using this method with no point deductions.

I have yet to locate any documentation for why/when this change was made, though I am sure it is somewhere in the more than 3200 "Engineering Change Authorities" we have on file from the original De Lorean Motor Company.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1
http://www.delorean.com

In a message dated 10/26/00 10:26:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,