trailing arm bolts & toe-in adjustment

I've got some questions about trailing arm bolts...

Question 1)
The Parts Manual and the Workshop Manual show the trailing arm bolts being
inserted in opposite directions. Which is the correct orientation or does
orientation matter?

Question 2)
How am I supposed to access the trailing arm bolts with the transmission in
the way? Do I have to move the transmission to get to it? Mine is an
automatic transmission.

Question 3)
What is supposed to stop the alignment spacers from falling out? Does the
design rely on pressure from the rubber bushing to hold them in place?

Question 4)
Does torquing the trailing arm bolts compress the rubber bushing enough to
affect toe-in adjustment? i.e., Should I only take measurements with the
bolt fully torqued?

Thanks in advance,
Walt Tampa, FL