Re: Oil Change info...

Nathan, If the lifter was sticking then you could probably adjust the
valve lash and the noise would go away but you would know it wasn't
right because of how far down you would have to adjust. Most likley
the lifter has lost it's hydraulic holding pressure and needs to be
replaced. Not un common. I have been working on cars a long time and
I would never put kerosine in an engine. It is a cutting agent and
could do more dammage than good. Good HD oils today keep engines
pretty clean.Oil filters,You can find many cross references for them,
but be carefull, they can come apart on the inside under pressure and
put paper inside the engine. Use a high quality filter from one of
the De Lorean Dealers or I have the Slim Bosch filter for the car
which won't interfer with the sending unit. Recommended 7 qts, 20-50
valvoline.
John Hervey
dherv10@xxxx
www.specialTauto.com