Oil Change info...

Hey,
I am planning to do an oil change and I have a few questions. I am sure
this has been covered before, so please bear with me. This is my first oil
change since aquiring the car ~2000 miles ago.(I can't tell as I have a
broken angle drive). Anyway, the owner said the oils had just been changed
and the oil still looks golden brown--however, I am desperately hoping to
get rid of a valve knock.
The #4 valve is knocking. Marty and I adjusted the valves correctly and
rechecked--the car sounds MUCH better than before. However, the #4 lifter is
sticking, or something b/c that valve is noisy. I have tried additives with
no sucess.
So, I have heard of running a bit of kerosine in the oil for 5min at an
oil change to clean it out. Anyone heard/tried this? Marty, you mentioned
it. Can anyone give me a procedure. I am hoping that it will unstick the
noisy valve. If this doesn't work, I guess I am looking at replacing the
valve/lifter because I have tried everything else--i.e., the specs indicate
the valve is properly adjusted. Any comments?
Secondly, what is the capacity of refill of oil if I change the oil
filter? I know it is somewhere around 7qts.
Thirdly, I got a couple of cross reference filter numbers off the web.
Any brands you can recommend? I heard some interfere with the "pressure
sending unit". Of course, I have Marty's updated unit, so I'm not sure. Can
Marty or anyone out there help me? Thanks in advance.

Nathan E. Green
gzen21@xxxx

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88mph you're gonna' see
some serious s--t"
-Doc Brown: "Back to the Future"

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html