The 1 millon dollar Delorean/convertible Delorean...WOW

The 1 millon dollar Delorean/convertible Delorean...WOW

Subject: The 1 millon dollar Delorean/convertible Delorean...WOW

(gleemed from the Chicago Sun Times)

Flamboyant John DeLorean, the former top General Motors executive who
built the sexy 1980s DeLorean sports car with flip-up doors, says he
wants to get back in the car business.

DeLorean said in a rare interview that he plans to build a limited-
production 1,250-horsepower sports car with a Ferrari chassis for
about $1 million that will "outperform any street-legal auto in the
world."

DeLorean said he also plans to make under-$20,000 cars with advanced
ultralight construction powered by "maybe a Nissan or Chrysler V-6."

"We'd annually sell 30 to 40 of the costly cars, and from 120,000 to
150,000 of the under-$20,000 autos, which would be partly designed by
builders of lightweight airplanes," DeLorean said. "They'd be sports
cars, coupes and convertibles. We'll sell through an Internet site
and high-end dealers.

"Someone outside the country wants to build a plant for the cars,
either here or outside the country, but I can't disclose that
information," he added.

WOW!A 1 million dollar Delorean,with a Ferrari Chassis,I sure know I
cannot afford that.A convertible Delorean...COOL...But..he still has
that GM mentality of trying to produce and sell in high volume...His
orignal downfall,I hate to say,but I wish him Luck!

Claude
000570