Re: FM Radio Band (was airco)

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Jan van de Wouw" <Jan@xxxx> wrote:
> I also have another "is it supposed to be like that question":
> My car still has the original Craig-radio (with the display on the
> cassette-door) and I wanted some music (I had a twoo hour drive
ahead
> of me). The radio seems to default to .2 MHZ-steps while on FM.
> I wanted to tune into 96.8, but could only get 96.7 or 96.9
> as you can understand reception was terrible.

In the USA FM Broadcast Radio frequencies go from 88.1 MHz to 107.9
MHz, in odd-numbered decimal increments. Since the radio is a PLL
semi-digital (the tuner, not the receiver!) design, it is trying to
lock on those frequencies. If the stations in your country use even-
numbered frequencies it's probably time for a new radio.

Dave Swingle