Re: Airco cycling

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe LoRe'" <dmcjoe@xxxx> wrote:
> The Fanzilla will cycle the cooling fans with the compressor,
> they do not stay on continuously when in the AC position.
> If you fans and compressor are
> cycling with an "on" time of less than 7 seconds
> your AC system is low on freon.

On this subject I have a question.
I finally drove my car home yesterday, the first time for me to ever
drive a DeLorean.
Since it was kind of hot outside and my passengerwindow doesn't work
I thought I'd try the airco.

On the highway (going about 75mph/120kph) the compressor cycled on
and off for approximately 2secs on and 9secs off. (And boy was this
noticable on the engine-output!)
My first thought was "low freon" so I switched it off and just put
the system on "vent".

When I was home I decided to investigate further, so while idling I
switched on the Aico at Max and got a 7sec on, 3sec off cycle.

Now what is my problem? Or is it suposed to be this way?

I also have another "is it supposed to be like that question":
My car still has the original Craig-radio (with the display on the
cassette-door) and I wanted some music (I had a twoo hour drive ahead
of me). The radio seems to default to .2 MHZ-steps while on FM.
I wanted to tune into 96.8, but could only get 96.7 or 96.9
as you can understand reception was terrible.

Is ther a way around this? I plan on replacing the radio with a
Kenwood Radio-CD-combination, so it isn't that important, but I was
just wondering.

Thanks in advance,

Jan van de Wouw
Think Different... Use a Mac...
Live the Dream... Drive a DeLorean

Check out the DeLorean-Files at:
http://www.deloreanfiles.nl/

#05141 "Dagger" in my garage since yesterday...