Re: Stiff clutch

Since we are on the subject of clutches, I have a question for
everyone. Instead of installing a SS braided clutch line for the
entire length of the car, couldn't you run a length of steel tubing
(same tubing used for the brakes) along the chassis? At the ends of
the steel tube would be short SS Braided (custom ones at least) lines
going to the master and slave cylinders. It would make alot more
sense in doing this. You would practically eliminate any expansion on
the clucthline and would be alot more reliable. If I am wrong, please
correct me and explain to me why? I am thinking of doing this since
you can buy tubing at any autoparts store and flare the ends with any
type of connectors on them. I also know a place that will custom make
any hydraulic hose you want at any length with any type of connectors
on them.