Re: Volvo Gullwing?

It's strange that all of the sudden now Volvo is comming out with a
gullwinged sportscar, and that Ford also has a new Mustang that does
something like 0-60 in 4.2 seconds or so. Especially now since the
majority of JZD's legal hurdles are out of his way. The only real
relation the car has to the DeLorean are the doors, other then that
it just looks like someone slammed the rear end of a Honda into a
Lotus that was fitted with gullwings. The doors have way too high a
sill which really kills the practicallity of the car. From both the
thickness of the doors combined with the hight of the door sill, the
car does not appear to have torsion bars installed. Nor does it even
appear to have functioning windows that roll down. Another thing to
note on the doors would be the design. Appearance wise they look like
they were pulled from a Bradley GT since they latch only at the
bottom. There is no room/weight allowance to install a full safety
cage in the doors. Plus I'd be worried the door might bend in and cut
into my leg if not amputate it entirely in a side impact. Even if the
tiny striker pin on the bottom held the door in place, the sill and
the door itself are totally flush. Nowhere except the front does the
door overlap it keep it from bending/cutting into the passenger
compartment. If I had to put my life on the line, I would choose be
inside of a DeLorean or Bricklin in a major auto accident then this
Volvo. Can't tell if the car has a hatch back, but it looks more like
a notch back trunk. It appears there's more room in the back for the
engine, but it probably a front mount with rear seats since there are
no grates/vents on the back to exhaust any hot air. Which you can
then imagine the feeling of being "trapped" sitting in the back
trying to get out by crawling over the seats and that door sill. A a
350hp motor would be impressive, it would kill any regular owner on
insurance rates. Plus comparing this car to the DeLorean it looks as
though the rear vision is worse creating even larger blind spots then
the DeLorean. All in all, this will probably only be a limited
production sports car. But even if it enters production indefinately,
it would still be made in very small numbers. Just my .02¢

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Gabe W." <thecreech@xxxx> wrote:
> Wow, don't you people see more than just the gullwing doors in the
Delorean?