Re: [DML] Re: comparison

I agree that an unmolested car will have more value than one that is
modified. The problem is that there must be at least 5,000 unmolested
DeLoreans around yet and I'm sure a good percentage are in nice condition. I
prefer to drive mine on annual cross country trips and the turbo adds a lot
to the driving enjoyment. Turbos do add some maintenance and tuning chores
to owning the car and for that reason may not be for everyone, particularly
those without mechanical talents. By the way, the last 308 I drove, a '79
with those wonderful sounding Weber carbs, would beat the pants off a stock
DeLorean no matter how well tuned it was.

Bruce Benson

>because all DMC-12's are RARE and even more
> RARE are the unmolested ones that have original wheels, no paint, straight
> panels, nice engine compartments, etc. and low >ORIGINAL miles.
> I am also a Ferrari collector and some of the early cars are very, very
slow
.