Re: [DML] Re: comparison

Robert #6585 has the correct outlook on our cars much as I tried (and may
have failed in my attempt) to shed light on in my discussions on hotrodding
versus pressurizing. I just chose to have DMC Houston do my car over, even
though it has 9,400 miles on it, because all DMC-12's are RARE and even more
RARE are the unmolested ones that have original wheels, no paint, straight
panels, nice engine compartments, etc. and low ORIGINAL miles.

The DMC was originally the DSV (DeLorean Safety Vehicle) (remember?) and it
was equipped with adequate performance for the time. So let us try to
preserve John Z.'s little piece of automotive history as he originally meant
it to be.

I am also a Ferrari collector and some of the early cars are very, very slow
compared to today's econoboxes. Enzo made a few 4 cylinder cars that today
have two commas in their prices...maybe someone should slap a turbo on those
to go a faster and help them depreciate like anchors to the sea bottom.
And I'll bet a DMC-12 in good tune isn't all that much slower than a 308
2-valve! LOL

Fred
6894