Delorean Overheating (almost)

I'm a pretty new delorean owner. (about six weeks). well anyways i love the
car, it's incredible, but i have a question about overheating that i was
hoping someone could answer. The car has not overheated yet, but in stop and
go traffic, the thermometer gage comes close to the overheating point. The
oil and coolant levels in the car are fine, and i had the original coolant
bottle replace w/ a stainless steel one. I know delorean's have a tendancy to
overheat b/c of the plastic coolant bottle, but as i said, i replaced it. If
anyone has any ideas, or if this is normal for a delorean, i would appreciate
some input. Thanks

vin#3856