DeLorean/VW Corrado Similarities

Hi list,

I thought this link may interest some of you. It's a Volkswagen Corrado European sports car.

Look at the photos - interior and exterior - you can see lots of similarities between this car and our beloved DeLorean.

Many people talk of the huge Giugiaro influence at VW. The Audi Quattro from the 80s was another car from him that resembled the DeLorean after DeLorean was out of business (esp. the front of the car).

The latest Volkswagen Giugiaro product now is the Corrado.

Maybe this would have been the DeLorean of the 90s? With gullwing doors of course! Personally I think the Corrado resembles the Medusa, which DeLorean had planned to be his 4-door DeLorean.

I will not start a new thread here ("DeLorean compared to other makes") but I would like it if you will e-mail me privately on what you think of the DeLorean/Corrado similarities. I may use your comments on a webpage Im building where I compare the DeLorean to the Corrado.

GO TO: http://desmat.8m.com/my_corrado.html

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway