Re: delorean pricing, first time driver

Suprizingly I drove the car 300 miles home, and for the next 4 month
with no real problems, besides the fuel accumulator. It was over the
winter that it broke down, starting with the waterpump. When I took
it to Micah Fryman (thats where it is at right now) to get work done
to it, he told me that I had a lot of angels watching me because it
was VERY unsafe. My steering rack was dry and distroyed, my trailing
arms were rusted through, my engine was leaking oil, the electical
was a mess and very dangerous. I even had some parts on the car that
suprized him, like a steel clutch line. As in, not a hose. It was a
bent pipe that was supposidly the cool thing to install in the early
'80s to replace the plastic hose. I also has some weird things
bolted onto my frame that messed it up. If Micah is learking out
there, maybe he could inform us on my badly treated Delorean. you
wouldn't believe some of the things that was wrong with this car.
The steering rack was installed backwards and upside down!! It WAS a
real mess. it's not like that any more. All but the frame has been
replaced, but that will get done soon.
So the moral of the story is...don't be too excited when you first
see a Delorean that you might buy. Thats what I did. Bring someone
along with you who knows a lot about Deloreans, or at least what to
look for. When I was looking at this Delorean all that I said was
"oh, the dashboard can be replaced no problem, so can the dents, the
fascia and headliners. No bid deal." All that right there is a
couple thousand dollars! BE CAREFUL, there are crap Delorean out
there!
I'll shut up now.

Erik Geerdink
4512