Re: [DML] low profile rims for Delorean

Dear Dan,

I just fitted a set of rims purchased from www.discounttiredirect.com I am
really pleased as the fit and offsets are perfect!
They are running a special on "Konig, Monsoon" rims and these are one of the
few that offer the large rears with the 4 lug. They are mfg. in Germany and
the quality is excellent.
Fronts are: 15x6.5" 4-100 w/40mm offset ($125.ea) with 205/55R-15 B F
Goodrich Touring T/A at $64.ea
Rears are: 17x8" 4-100 w/20mm offset ($168.ea) with 245/50R-17 BFG
Comp T/A's at $129. ea
This put the whole set out the door incl. mount and balance for under
$1000.!

Front tire dia went from 23.2" to 23.9" (+2.9%) (one size smaller tire might
be better, like a 50 series)
Rear tire dia went from 26.1" to 26.6" (+2.1%)

FYI: Hub pilot is 72mm Studs are 12mm x 1.0 pitch

They really do look great. Historically I have chromed/black painted the
stock rims and while they really look good, these are much more agressive
looking. I am pulling out a twin turbo and installing a Northstar in this
runner, so have not driven it yet.

Don
5 DeLoreans; one for each member of my family