RE: replacement engines

Matthew said "The Vortec V-6 sits nicely when fuel injected, but if you
carburate it then you have to cut a hole in the engine cover to accommodate
everything (there's a list member who has this setup in a near racing
configuration and it really is just beautiful)." If you are refering to my
car, the only reason the carb sticks up through the engine cover is because
it is supercharged. Without the blower, the carb would fit under the cover.
But it is kind of interesting to look in the mirror and see the carb, which
was exactly the effect I was after.

"Near racing configuration"??? I would never have described my car that
way. Its just a daily driver.
--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive