DMC Prototype

Does anyone know the details regaurding the prototype Delorean? I'm
talking about the one that was pictured in Stainless Steel Illusion.
It was the car with brown leather interior and airbags. Its front end
looked longer than the production D, and it didn't have the louvres
in the rear. Was this car drivable or just a show car? Is this car
still around today, and if so where is it?