Re: DMC Prototype

I think that the car had a fuctional Citroen 4 cylinder engine, but I
don't know how it was mounted (rear like the current PRV-6 or
transverse-ish like the Fiat prototype used to test the engine
placement). Not sure about the headlights, but I'm pretty sure that
the clearance lights were battery powered and the tail lights were
non-functioning mock-ups. In several books about JZD & DMC this car
played an important part. Along with it was shipped at least 1 other
car that was fitted with a PRV-6 motor, and this was the car the
engineers sneered at and made fun of (i.e. all of the welds in the
exhasut system). Once it arrived the only thing more to ever be
written about it was that the guys @ Lotus didn't care for the V-6
engine, and "...drove the 4-cylinder even less." Where this car ended
up, I'm not too sure, but it may still be sitting on Lotus' property.
A while back the DOC (I think) posted photos of a DeLorean prototype
car sitting on Lotus' property. Lotus denied that the car was even
there, so they wouldn't allow anyone to move it (I'm was confused
too!). The pictures shown a car that was beyond a state of disrepair,
but still had a great amount of historic value to it. Though I'm
still not sure if this was the same car.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Thomas B" <tjb229@xxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone know the details regaurding the prototype Delorean? I'm
> talking about the one that was pictured in Stainless Steel
Illusion.