Re: [DML] Electronics

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Jared Williams wrote:

> Does the DeLorean have a computer controlled engine system like newer
> cars? I don't know a whole lot about DeLoreans, but was wondering if
> they had an Electronic Computer Module (ECM) to control things like
> air intake to fuel ratios, reading sensors, etc.

The DeLorean uses the Bosch K-Jetronic fuel system. This is a good
quality system, but it is an older design without a lot of advanced
electronics. The DeLorean does adjust the mixture ratio using an oxygen
sensor under cruising conditions, as almost all fuel injected cars do, but
it does not have an advanced system of timing control, knock detection, or
other fun things that modern cars do. There is an engine computer, but it
is a very simple one.