Re: [DML] Oil Filter + Oil

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Tom Watkins watbmv@xxxx wrote:

> I've been searching the archive for about 45 minutes and cannot find
> one listing regarding cross over Oil Filters! My car came with

I think this is one of those times where the Volvo part works fine.
Checker (Schucks, Kragen) has the DeLorean explicitly in their catalog,
but they sell Fram, of course. I think Autozone has it as well.

> filter number. Anyone have any concerns about Mobil One filters?
> Any thoughts about Fram or the "Tough Guard" Fram filter?.

Fram filters are not very good. They were, once upon a time, but now they
are pretty much the worst. AC Delco and Deutsch are the best commonly
available ones, IMO.

> What is the best Oil grade for the Northeast?(10-30, 10-40, 20-50?)
> I use only Mobil One as it still flows when temps drop to the minus
> numbers!

I would suggest 10W30. 10W40 isn't as good as 10W30 as a rule, and 20W50
is too thick for the northeast.