Overheating Questions

My DeLorean has never overheated, at least not in my ownership. I'm curious though, I think it was maybe DMC Joe saying; "The secrets to long PRV life is to change the oil and don't overheat it".

Exactly how damaging is overheating to the engine?

If the car has had a couple of overheatings compared to say, 10?

If you stop immediately and have the problem corrected, or say driving two hours with a high reading on the temperature gauge.

What about a "total" overheating where you actually loose coolant and damp coming up of the engine compartment?

I think many would be interested in hearing the answers from the professional mechanics on this list...

I'm just curious...

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway