This car shore is fun

I sooo missed not having this car for the last 3 months.

First I got an earful from the teenage waitress at Sonic, the Texas
drive-thu burger joint. "Oh mi gawd this is sooo cool, I told them this was
the Back to the Future car but they didn't believe me and you know I'm SO
obsessed I've been to, like, both Universal Studios to do the BTTF ride
which is just like this car only it holds 8 people so I guess it's not like
this at all, but this is like so cool!"

Then I was shopping for a TV at Best Buy and started having a conversation
with a young salesman about DVD after stopping Peggy (the S.O.) from trying
to bring home one of those analog-VCR tape thingies. "I just want the BTTF
trilogy on DVD," he lamented. I snickered while I showed him the original
DMC key on my keyring, and then pulled him down from the ceiling as I
explained that he couldn't see it since it's not really a car to take when
shopping for a TV.

But the best was last Saturday night. There is this strange local
phenomenon where every person with an unusual or classic car congregates in
one place every Saturday. It's a mini car show. And I decided to show up
with my D. The competition was fierce, both new and old: A PT Cruiser, with
a handful of it's antique counterparts; a Dodge Viper across from the Shelby
Cobra. (I'm taking pictures next time!) And right in the middle of it was
my D.

It was great being able to answer people's questions, which mostly involved
correcting misinformation. Mostly the usual misconceptions, but a few
comments stood out:
Them: "Poor John Delorean, too bad about the way he died suddenly."
Me: "Wow, for a dead guy he sure looked great when I saw him 2 weeks
ago."

and (I was too dumbfounded to correct this one):

"Yep, these shore are rare, this must be one of the last ones left. I
know that Dee-Lor-Eeen fella was some kinda illegal ferigner but these
babies were built right here in the good ol' US of A. By Ford."

I had to restrain myself when the nice Police Officer came over and started
making cocaine jokes.

Of course, the best part was when fellow DML-er Mauri Trevino showed up with
his D and parked a few feet away. Then when people exclaimed "Wow, this is
the first one of these I've ever seen!", I could point over my shoulder and
say "and there's the second!"

I plan to attend next Saturday and hopefully we'll have even more D's
present. Although next time I plan to have a "Facts Sheet" out.

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN# 4695