Re: [DML] Aircon Pipes

In a message dated 6/19/00 3:40:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gwells@xxxx writes:

<< the manual says that I have to raise the body from the chassis about 2cms.
OK, its only 10 bolts to undo, but is that really necessary? I'm sure
someone out there knows a shortcut. If there isn't one then OK it's
body up. Any ideas? >>

The manual also says to raise it up to replace your clutch line. But at the
advice of someone on the list, I simply had the mechanic thread it through,
alongside the old one, and leave the old one in place. It's because of
things like this that I'm working toward compiling a new, updated and
exhaustive SERVICE MANUAL. Now that I'm back from Cleveland, I hope to get
the ball rolling in earnest!!
BTW, it would probably be a LOT harder to do with the big fat AC hose, if it
can be done that way. I'd do both hoses while you're under there, if you go
the "unbolt" route. Your bolts might be a lot harder than you think to
loosen! :(

-Wayne
"Living the dream"
11174