Stalling!!!

Help! I'm back and ready to get 3010 on the road. She will start just
fine, but stalls after 15-20sec of idle. When i try to push on the
accelerator it cuts out even faster. I don't have to push on the gas
pedal to start her. cranks up fine idles great for 10-15 sec and
shudders to a halt. Have installed new rpm relay and thermotime
switch. Have checked fuel tank, pump works fine,but has some peeling
metal flakes on the body and the fuel is reddish color. The hose
running from pump to bottom of tank has rubber flakes peeling off of
it. Also the metal tube along side the pump is kinked alittle and
kind of corroeded. My "D" is a 1981 5-speed with 21,000. The previous
owner stated that he had replaced everything from tank inside and
out. please help, is my fuel system contaminated? Do i need to start
from scratch and replace the whole system?

THANX
RORY
VIN 3010