Re: [DML] cooling fans

DMCJOE:
Fan problem is fixed. I was testing voltages again per your advice and looking into some suggestions by Darren Decker when I discovered the problem. The terminal block (for lack of the proper term) that the brown/orange power wire runs to after the relay and before the fuses (wiring upgrade) had some really bad connections (melted connectors). Upon fixing this, I was back in business. Thanks for the help.
Brian
16584

The problem is probably at the fan fail module socket, fan relay socket, or
the circuit breaker. With the cool fan switch (otterstadt) jumped, check and
see if you have 12 volts at the heavy brown/orange wire leading the blue
socket.

Let me know the result.

Here are the answers to your other questions. The cooling fans receive
ground through the wiring harness.

The fan rotation is such that air moves from the front of the car to the
rear.

12V cooling fan power is supplied through two separate feed wires which are
part of the front wiring harness. We have no record of any type of failure
with this wire.