Wheel refinishing/Deep stainless cleaning

Wheel refinishing/Deep stainless cleaning

Hello all,

I'm getting the materials around for repainting the faschias, and
wanted to have the wheels repainted as well. Does anybody have
appropriate color codes for the later style wheels (82)? A buddy of
mine owns a body shop, and he said that he'll blast and repaint for
$35 a rim... can't pass that up.

With only 9000 miles, you would think that the rims would be in
pristine condition, but there is some odd paint blotchyness on a few
of them. Seems to be factory original.

Also, the garage that I keep my car in is below an apartment that has
an occassional water leak. The garage also has a dryer vent in it.
The water leak, combined with lint from the dryer vent has left very
deep, very awful water spots on the hood. Any recommendations for a
good STRONG chemical cleaner? (besides gasoline, but I'm not above
using horribly caustic chemicals :) Tried repeated washings, windex,
stainless polish... the spots just laugh it off and come right back.

On a side note, while showing my car to some people the other day,
one mentioned that he cleans large stainless tanks at his workplace.
He swears by baby oil applied by cheesecloth; says that it keeps them
extremely shiny, and keeps fingerprints away. Anybody ever tried
this?

Thanks!
Luke