Crawford Museum: More DeLorean stuff!

On a couple of occasions, DML subscribers have discussed the pipe dream
of opening a museum dedicated to DeLoreans. I just found out that it
may already exist. It is called the Crawford Museum in Cleveland.

Last night Patti and I got a visit from Christopher Grasso, a curator at
the Crawford. We discussed our Friday events, including both the tour
and the banquet. He is very impressed with the arrangements for both.

Then Mr. Grasso mentioned something I never knew before: when Jeff
Abrams acquired the VIN 500 car, he also acquired a large quantity of
items from the DeLorean factory which he believed would be of the
greatest historical significance. He donated all of it to the Crawford,
where it has been stored (but never displayed) for all these years!

Among these items is a standing model of the DeLorean factory that is
5-6 feet across! Mr. Grasso said he will arrange to have this model put
on display during our banquet.

Patti and I have an appointment to visit the Crawford's vault of
DeLorean history next week. We will make note of all the items we see.
If we find things that would make a suitable display, we will ask the
Crawford to put them out during our banquet.

Now for the bad news: The stainless Lincoln has gone into the shop for
repairs, and it may not be back in time for the banquet. The other
three stainless cars should be there, though. The Lincoln is a
permanent part of the Crawford collection and you can see it any other
time. The stainless Thunderbird WILL be at the banquet. The T-bird is
the really hard-to-see car, since it is privately owned and almost never
on public display.

At just $30 per person, the Crawford banquet is turning out to be a
*fantastic* bargain for DeLorean enthusiasts!

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280, 7 years