Re: Crawford Museum: More DeLorean stuff!

Re: Crawford Museum: More DeLorean stuff!

Last night Patti and I got a look at some of the DeLorean historical
artifacts in the vault of the Crawford Museum.

As promised, they have the large model of the DMC factory. The model is
mounted in transparent case. It has never been displayed to the public
before, but it WILL be put on display for our banquet.

They have many other objects in the DeLorean collection. Most are just
copies of sales literature that we have all seen before and many of us own.
However, the collection includes some other peices that beg for further
research (e.g. DeLorean related photographs). Unfortunately there is not
sufficient time to research it all and create a museum display out of these
small items. I will pursue this after the show and post anything I find to
the DML.

Perhaps a few years from now the Crawford can host another DeLorean event,
presenting a complete and well-researched version of the DeLorean saga.

Finally, we found that the Crawford has another very large artifact from the
ambitious heyday of the DeLorean Motorcars Company that can easily be
displayed. It is an enormous grey and black muslin banner that must have
been used at automobile trade shows. The sight of it caused me to imagine
those hopeful early days, when the DeLorean was new and exciting, with a
promising future. To Patti's surprise it moved me.

Like the factory model, the banner has not been seen since DMC closed its
doors. However, the Crawford has promised to display it for us at our
Friday night banquet. The Crawford DOES allow photography, so pictures of
these one-of-a-kind DeLorean items are bound to be posted to the internet.

Let me repeat: these historic items will be displayed only once. That will
be at our banquet on Friday, June 16.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280, 7 years