Re: signing with vin numbers

In a message dated 5/30/00 11:16:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
iznodmad@xxxx writes:

<< The VIN and for that matter e-mail addresses are a couple of the ways we
have to identify and connect with each
other. In addition, the history of the DeLorean is one of the many things
that is appealing to me about the car. I admire those that spend their time
and work hard to gather information and statistics on the DeLorean
production
numbers >>

I usually include my vin because I noticed others do and it gives a handle on
what the D may be like. As you get to know the car through the list, you
could figure from my vin (11174) that it's an '82, which would be correct.
Most '82's, I gather, are 5 speed, gray interior. Correct again. You'd also
know I have a flat hood, no gas flap, rear antenna, emblem on hood, lighter
color wheels, clock in the radio and fat tailpipes. How long did it take for
me to figure this out? On the list since last August, owner since last Feb.
(Thanks to the list I had the courage to take the plunge!) It's also a lot
more personal than a screen name like "fht456799@xxxx" or whatever!

-Wayne
"Living the dream!"
11174