Re: [DML] Dimmer Switch, continued

The number at the end (1176) is a date code. So, this switch was made
in 1976, before the DeLorean was made!

Not that this matters...

However, I have received some information from TRW/Lucas with drawings
of the current switches they offer. They still make a switch that
physically looks the same as the DMC dimmer, but the electrical
specifications are a bit different. I expect the newer dimmer would
work in the DMC application in a acceptable manor. The biggest
difference I can see is that the DMC version has a point where the
maximum resistance is infinity (The circuit is open). The new switch
Lucas has does not do this, so the result may be that you can never turn
the dashboard lights completely off with the dimmer.

As far as the part Dave found, there may be a similar difference here...
Where, the switch will work in the DMC application, but it is not quite
the same as the original.

Dave- Have you measured the "jag" part with a meter?? What is the
maximum and minimum resistance? What does the taper look like? BTW,
thanks for the information and pictures you have supplied so far!

If there is so much interest in this part, why are there only 15 votes
on the survey??
http://www.egroups.com/surveys/dmcnews?id=190586

Also: I installed my "repaired" dimmer this weekend, it works great!