RE: [DML] Please Take Survey

Marc A Levy wrote:
While I had my old/broken one apart to take measurements and such, I
realized that I could probably fix the old one with some epoxy. There
was no way I was going to have a replacement by the Ohio show... The
old switch is back together now and seems to work OK on the meter, I
have not yet installed it back in the car.

----------------------

What you have done is great for several reasons. First off you had nothing
to loose my doing the repair yourself, because if the repair did not work,
you just fall back to the idea of replacing the item. Next you have just
learned something about the car that makes it tick. Although I have not had
this problem, I have made such repairs as reinforcing the window regulators
and rebuilding the window switches. There are some out there that have
insisted that this is not the proper way to repair a car and that the only
true fix is to replace the parts with new. But if you can take it apart, see
how it works and repair or improve the design to make it work better than
new, at a lower expense try it.

Robert Starling
vin#5252