Re: [DML] Re: Inertia switch bypass

Several years ago I helped a friend diagnose a non-functioning fuel pump. We
found no continuity between the pump and the inertia switch. We also dug up
some old remarks regarding the wiring loom that carries the wires from the
fuel pump to the inertia switch. It makes a sharp bend near the front of the
driver's side front fender. I believe the loom runs across the front of the
car and back down the driver's side and through the inertia switch and other
dash appliances. Apparently some cars developed a break in some of the wires
at this sharp bend. We ran a wire directly from the pump to the switch and
everything worked fine. Perhaps the wire you found from the pump to the
switch was to correct this.

Bruce Benson