Rally in Cleveland, Saturday 5-6-00

This Saturday the DCO will have a sort of "anti-rally" in Cleveland. It
will be a Dry Run of the Driving Tour in June. In the Dry Run we will
test the directions and look for tricky spots. We have tried to make
the directions foolproof, but the tour involves 90 minutes of city,
park, neighborhood, and highway driving in three 30 minute legs, so
there may still be some bugs in it.

We need people to find those bugs. We DARE you to get lost following
our detailed directions!

So far a handfull of Ohio DeLorean owners have volunteered, but the more
cars we have the better it will simulate the real thing in June. The
less you know about the streets of Cleveland the better.

Anyone is welcome to participate, whether you bring a DeLorean or not.
All you need is a car with a cassette player and someone to ride as
navigator (although a really brave person might try it solo). You also
need to be able to get to downtown Cleveland by noon next Saturday. We
will have four chances to socialize along the way, including dinner at a
floating restaurant.

Participation is free, but I will only make enough copies of the map and
cassette tape for people who have contacted me (Mike Substelny) ahead of
time. Send me an email by noon Friday and I will let you know what to
do.

BTW next week's Dry Run was mentioned in yesterday's Cleveland Plain
Dealer "Checkpoint" (car club news column), so we may get volunteers
from other car clubs. The Plain Dealer has also said that they will
mention the June event when the date gets closer.

By June, the Driving Tour directions should be perfect.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280, 7 years