Inertia switch / fuse relationship?

Ever since I acquired my DeLorean it has not had an inertia switch. A
previous owner removed and bypassed it (all 81 and most 82 inertia
switches were recalled) and I never bothered to replace it. Until now.

Last week I wanted to crank my engine without starting it, so I removed
the bypass. This worked nicely, and I congratulated myself on
cleverness. Unfortunately, the first time I put the bypass back I did
it incorrectly. I am concerned that I may have caused a short that blew
a fuse (or damaged another component). My fuel pump is no longer
getting power (it does work when jumpered).

I have ordered a new inertia switch. Until it comes, I wanted to pose
this question to the list: is it possible for a clutzy inertia switch
bypass cause this type of short?

The wiring diagram shows that one of the inertia switch leads goes to
ground, so a short may be possible. In my case all the fuses seem to
have survived, so now I am looking into the possibility that I damaged a
relay.

Moral of the story: screwing around with one part in an electrical
system affects others. Take seriously any work on your electrical
system, even simple stuff.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280, 7 years