Tailpipe inches :)

I have recently discovered that my DeLorean have different tailpipe setups, and have found out that the previous owner(s) have cut off the original tailpipes, then welded bigger ones as a replacement. Of course those were made of regular iron and have rusted bad. In other words I need a new exhaust system. However, I like the chrome tips that are on, and this is my question...

The original muffler/tailpipes assembly can be ordered from DMC Houston, but the '81 version does not have chrome tips on. The '82 version have the chrome tips (and square tailpipes), but my DeLorean is an '81. I know that both version will fit the DeLorean, but Im curious to know the correct inches of the 1981 DeLorean tailpipes so that I can get the chrome tips locally and have them ready when my exhaust system arrives. So please- can somebody measure their tailpipe ends?

Thanks!
Stian Birkeland
NORWAY