early ulster car

There's a D with a british reg RIA 7124 that appears a lot in the gold portfolio with a different style rear bumper detail (silver rectangle with black 'DeLorean' writing). This was an early car, and so had the pleated bonnet with the gas flap. A few months ago, I was rooting through an old book at school, and found RIA 7124 with an 82 bonnet!
So, I'd like to know the history of this car. Was it used by DMC for promotional purposes (explaing the chnaged bonnet)? If so, where is it now? And does anyone know the VIN? Oh, and it was minus the DMC badge in the portfolio, but has one in my schoolbook. This is probably one for the UK owners, as they might has seen or owned this car. It also had a sister car, RIA 7126, that was identical.

Thanks,

Matt, 'dreaming the dream'