Should I buy?

I have a question for anyone with a Delorean. Im 21 years old and have wanted a DMC for about a year. My parents agreed to co-sign for a DMC but I'm scared because the car is gonna suck alot of my funds up. Im worried that I'm gonna have to invest $1000's a year just to keep it run. I can pay for a car and maybe another $1000 for some work. But this mechanic says there gonna be a constant cost. So my question is, can a DMC be a reliable piece of transportation. Does it need constant upkeep. Please help. pharaoh@xxxx .

Thanks for any help