sounds system back 2 ORIGINAL

Hello,
When I purchased my DMC it had hundreds of wires in the trunk for a HUGE
sound system that was once in it. I have been carefully following the wires
around and removing them because I have no use for them anymore. I just want
to go back to the original radio system. I see that the rear craig
powerplays have been disconected and the front two have been replaced by
something else. I just want my radio to play with nice sound quality. I
don't need my car to bounce off of the ground or anything like that. I am
going to replace all of the speakers because mice have made houses in them:(
Are the original powerplay speakers any good? or should I replace them with
something else? I just don't want a fuzzy sound when I play them loud.

A kind member of the DML gave me a craig stereo that is in perfect
condition for FREE! I am trying to figure out how it hooks up. I bet there
are over 35 wires coming out where the radio fits into the dash, I beleive
most go to the CD changer that was once somewhere. I think I have found the
original wires that go to the craig player, I have a white wire
connector(with around 12-15 wires) and 2 large black wires. Are those the
only ones I need? or are there others? I also see that the car alarm was
connected to the radio and headlights. The alarm is also coming out because
it is impossible to hook up if I dont have the diagram. I am getting kinda
confused with all of this. The whole dash and console will be coming out
soon so I can remove the rest of this junk. Please email me if you have any
ideas for my radio.
ONE MORE question. when removing the plastic panel that sits in front of
the rear speakers, how do you get it off with keeping that little black strip
that runs under the weather stripping? I tried to on one side but I ended up
ripping it off of the panel. I dont think this will show very much but would
still like to know if there another way to do this?

Thank you
David,
#2496-